Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a thick and creamy Alfredo sauce.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces crabmeat, cut into small chunks
- 12 ounces linguine
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in the flour, and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Whisk in the half-and-half and stir until the mixture forms a thick sauce.
- Stir in the cheese, white pepper, pepper and the crab meat. Heat until the cheese is fully melted.
- Use extra half-and-half if the sauce is too thick for your taste.
I felt so much like crab alfredo tonight. So I picked up this recipe to try. This was just okay for me. It was definitely a thick Alfredo sauce. A bit too thick for me, I did add a bit more half and half and could of added more. I only had a can of crab meat to use, unfortunately it didn't have chunks. Maybe fresh would of made a difference, not sure. I added a bit of garlic powder and some garlic salt. But it still seemed to be missing something that I can't quite put my finger on. It was great though that it was real fast to put together. Great for a weekday meal. Thanks for posting your recipe Creamcheese5.
Found it very easy to prepare and all I did was add some very thinly sliced fresh mushrooms and about a half cup of sharp cheddar cheese. My family loved this addition of ingredients.
I had such high hopes for this recipe. I love crab meat and a good alfredo sauce; this sounded wonderful. I've never used canned crab meat before, but I really didn't care for the taste of it. I should have used fresh instead. Also, instead of using 1/2 tsp black pepper, I used white pepper for the entire amount, which really turned out to be a little too much pepper. I think just the 1/2 tsp of white pepper would have been good. The sauce itself was a nice, thick creamy sauce as stated, and was a snap to put together. I'm sorry, we just didn't care for it much.