Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄4 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄8 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄16 cup instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine mix ingredients and measure out 1/3 cup (or use 1/3 cup recipe #243518).
- Combine 1/3 cup mix with additional ingredients.
- Mix well and cook until thick.
Yum, this was almost restaurant quality! I was out of instant chicken bouillon and dried onion so I added some extra spices instead. We ate it on angel hair pasta with shrimp- the sauce was very thick and filling.
This is a positively delicious Alfredo Sauce! Super easy and adaptable, this works great in casseroles or over pasta. Because I did not have any powdered milk, I just reduced the amount of water and used 1/4 cup butter. Instead of onion flakes, I sauteed some fresh onion in the butter before adding the other ingredients. This recipe is low-fat, easy-to-make, and free of fatty creams and canned soups. Delicious!!