- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups milk (for a thinner sauce, add up to one extra cup)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Slowly stir in flour, one tablespoon at a time, whisking after each addition.
- Add cream cheese in pieces and stir in milk slowly. Stir til melted.
- Stir in garlic and salt and sprinkle in parmesan cheese, while stirring to combine.
- Stir until thickened over low heat. remove and serve over pasta.