Recipe by Connie K
This is a quick and easy alfredo sauce, and I always seem to have the ingredients on hand. I don't claim it is authentic, but it is tasty, with the addition of garlic. My picky son LOVES it!
Top Tweak by Acerast
We have made this often and find it to be both tasty and convenient. We have used Neufchatel (1/3 less fat) cheese and 2% milk with good results. Also, we like to replace 1/2 cup of the milk with 1/2 cup white wine for additional flavor. It is good over pasta, chicken, broccoli, or aspargus. Thanks for sharing this one!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps.
- Stir in Parmesan and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long.
- Toss with hot pasta to serve.