Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is my absolute favorite! I enjoy it served over hot pasta, along with garlic bread!
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml butter
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese
- garlic powder, to taste
- Dissolve chicken boullion cubes in 1/2 cup water.
- Melt butter over low heat in saucepan.
- Gradually, stir in flour.
- Continue stirring and gradually add half-and-half.
- Add chicken boullion.
- Increase heat to medium and continue stirring.
- Cook until thickened.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and garlic powder, if desired.
- Serve over hot pasta and garnish with parsley.
This was great. We added some blackened chicken breast for a little extra kick and I can't wait to make it again.
I have to admit..the easiest and tastiest!I used fat free 1/2 and 1/2 and decreased the h2o to 1/4 cup to make up for the fact that the fat free stuff usually doesn't thicken as much as real 1/2 and 1/2.I also threw some roasted garlic in the milk as it was coming to temp and I used a mix of half parm cheese and half shredded Parrano (its similar to parm and regiano but perhaps a tad bit smokey in flavor...we love it on everything).My hubby loved it and asked for it again tomorrow!Thanks for a good one!
Wow! This was super easy, yet tasted heavenly. I was feeling lazy, so I just threw the butter in the saucepan after the bullion dissolved. Added some chopped garlic, then whisked in the flour. Used heavy cream b/c that's what I had in the fridge. I poured the sauce over the cooked pasta, then mixed it all up in a giant bowl. Plated and topped with broccoli and spicy sauteed chicken breast chunks. This sauce was the perfect complement to the heat of the chicken. Thanks for sharing, Ana. Will use this again and again!