1/7 Photos of Alfredo Sauce
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
This is my son's favorite meal. I make it with shrimp for him for his birthday every year. GREAT for company because it is so easy and yet taste wonderful! I cook this in the microwave, but I'm sure you could do it on the stove too. Times are what work in my microwave. Please use your own good judgment on times to use in your microwave. (In my quest to eat healthier, I now make it with light butter, light cream and reduced fat Parmesan cheese. It still tastes wonderful, but there isn't any guilt!) PLEASE NOTE! This is an "authentic" Alfredo sauce recipe! Real Alfredo sauce *only* contains butter, cream, Parmesan cheese and pepper. It will be thin and there is no garlic in it! If you want a thicker sauce or one with garlic like modern restaurants serve, please look elsewhere! Olive Garden Garlic Alfredo Sauce and Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo are two good places to start.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place butter in microwave safe pot and heat on high for 30 seconds or until melted.
- 2Add cream and warm on high for approximately 1 minute.
- 3Add Parmesan cheese and warm until cheese melts.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste. (If serving with shrimp, you might not need much salt.).
- 5Pour over 4 servings of warm noodles (I use angel hair) and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- 6Notes: I serve it with cubed, grilled or broiled chicken breast mixed in with the noodles or shrimp. Add a green salad and you have a complete meal. I have used margarine and canned Parmesan cheese and it worked fine.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.9
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 159.0 mg
- Sodium 312.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g