1/1 Photo of Alfredo Sauce
CHEF GRPA's Note:
A satisfying sauce you can use on any type of pasta - dry or fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add heavy cream, stirring constantly.
- 3Stir in salt, nutmeg, basil, and parsley.
- 4grated Parmesan cheese, and grated Romano cheese.
- 5Stir constantly until melted, then mix in egg yolk.
- 6Simmer over medium low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- 8Tip:The trick is to heat the cream slowly until it is almost simmering, then whisk the butter into the cream in small pieces until melted. Then whisk the cheese in until melted and use freshly grated cheese if available. The sauce comes out creamy, thick and delightful.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.7
- Calories from Fat 687
- Total Fat 76.3 g
- Saturated Fat 47.1 g
- Cholesterol 349.1 mg
- Sodium 798.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: