Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a simple to make Alfredo sauce, but it gets rave reviews. It pairs well with about anything you can imagine, and you'll be dissatisfied with restaurant or out of the can Alfredo sauces after you've learned to make this one. Feel free to substitute the butter or Parmesan for lower fat alternatives, but if you substitute the cream for a variety of milk, it will significantly alter the taste, and you will have to use a thickener such as cornstarch or flour.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add heavy cream and whisk continuously until blended.
- Slowly add Parmesan, whisking continuously.
- Allow sauce to bubble a little until it thickens, add white pepper, stir, then remove from heat.
- Enjoy on top of pasta, veggies, meats, or rice.
Very quick and easy alfredo sauce. The white pepper adds a nice zing, but we really thought it needed garlic. Served over pasta.