Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on line and thought i love stuff like this i wondered if i could change it so that it is lactose free. so i substituted the half and half cream with lactose free milk, i used lactose free parmesan and lactose free mozza cheese i also changed the flour to whole wheat and it was yummy yummy. So if anyone else out there is lactose intolerant and loves fettucini alfredo this will hit the spot.
- 2 cups lactaid lactose-free milk
- 4 tablespoons fleishmann lactose-free unsalted margarine
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour or 2 tablespoons white flour (your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (i use lactose free)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese (i use lactose free)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced) or 2 cloves garlic salt (add as much as you need for taste)
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add Garlic and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Add Milk.
- Stir sauce over medium-low heat.
- Don't let it come to a boil or stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Reduce the heat if necessary.
- Allow sauce to thicken (takes about 20 minutes) if it hasn't thickened add little bit of cornstarch and water (mixed together) as a thickner, stirring frequently.
- When sauce is near desired thickness add the parmensan and mozza cheese.
- Stir to melt.