This is a rich and flavorful dish.
Make and share this Alfredo Ravioli Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 (25 -27 1/2 ounce) packagefrozen cheese ravioli
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces land o' lakes mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add chicken pieces. Cook over medium-high heat until chicken is lightly browned (4 to 6 minutes). Add mushrooms; continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink and mushrooms are tender (4 to 6 minutes). Do not drain.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce into greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Arrange single layer of frozen ravioli over sauce; drizzle 3/4 cup sauce evenly over ravioli. Spread with 1 1/2 cups chicken and mushroom mixture, 1/2 cup red bell pepper and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients, except remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- TIP: To make ahead, prepare as directed above except do not bake. Cover; refrigerate up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, continue as directed above. Increase first baking time to 1 hour.
This was an ok dish, everyone else seemed to enjoy it. Easy to assemble. Used Classico Alfredo Sauce with Sundried Tomatoes, and left over chicken. Subbed cheddar. Combined everything together, instead of layering. If you like alfredo sauces you should like this. I think it might be better with a not so thick sauce. Maybe add a bit of wine for flavoring and to thin a bit.