Recipe by JaniseW
I love alfredo. Who am I kidding, I love cheese! This is a recipe that's developed over time, you can throw in whatever you have on hand, but this is the way we like it. Portabella mushrooms taste wonderful in this dish but will discolor the sauce. Save the portabellas for "just family" dinners.
- 2 (16 ounce) jarscommercial alfredo sauce (or your own recipe)
- 1 cup smoked ham, cut to bite size pieces
- 1 cup smoked sausage, cut to bite size pieces
- 2 cups fresh chicken breasts, cut to bite size pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefavorite pasta
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms (optional)
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain in colander, reserve.
- In skillet brown chicken one cup at a time.
- Remove and drain on paper towel, place in sauce pan.
- Add more oil if needed and brown ham, then smoked sausage, drain on paper towel and add to saucepan.
- Add alfredo sauce and heat to warm all ingredients.
- Rinse cooked pasta under hot water.
- Ladle sauce over pasta.
- This is great with a side of steamed broccoli with fresh lemon butter or a green salad.
- Don't forget the crusty French bread!