Recipe by Cream Puff
This is my original recipe and it was selected as a winner in the Sargento Just Say Cheese Recipe Search! It was published in Volume Two of Sargento's Simply the Best Cheese recipe cards collection.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk (not skim)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 lbs baking potatoes (about 4 large)
- 1 cup shredded sargento fancy swiss cheese (4 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sargento 6 cheese Italian cheese blend (2 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sargento fancy parmesan cheese (1 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine cream, milk, garlic, salt and pepper; bring just to a simmer over medium heat; remove from heat; let stand while preparing potatoes.
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes.
- Layer half of the potatoes in prepared baking dish; top with half of the cream mixture and half of the cheeses; repeat layering once with remaining potatoes, cream mixture and cheeses.
- Drizzle the melted butter and sprinkle paprika evenly over top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.