Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my original recipe and it was selected as a winner in the Sargento Just Say Cheese Recipe Search! It was published in Volume Two of Sargento's Simply the Best Cheese recipe cards collection.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk (not skim)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 lbs baking potatoes (about 4 large)
- 1 cup shredded sargento fancy swiss cheese (4 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sargento 6 cheese Italian cheese blend (2 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sargento fancy parmesan cheese (1 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine cream, milk, garlic, salt and pepper; bring just to a simmer over medium heat; remove from heat; let stand while preparing potatoes.
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes.
- Layer half of the potatoes in prepared baking dish; top with half of the cream mixture and half of the cheeses; repeat layering once with remaining potatoes, cream mixture and cheeses.
- Drizzle the melted butter and sprinkle paprika evenly over top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
These are incredibly creamy and cheesy. The sauce gets very thick after standing for a while. I can certainly see why this one one a prize! Thanks for posting!
These are sooo good! I love how quick and easy they were to put together and get in the oven. I made a half batch since it was just DH and I that ate them and cooked them for a total of one hour and 5 minutes. Very creamy and cheesy, but not watery like some of the packaged scalloped potatoes are. We will be making these again!! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
Decadent potatoes that turned out wonderfully. They definitely thicken quite a bit after sitting out of the oven. I cooked about ten minutes longer than stated time. Using the food processor made quick work of slicing the potatoes.