Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Potatoes layered with a mixture of ham, peas and Swiss cheese, cooked in purchased Alfredo sauce and seasoned with Parmesan. You can substitute frozen chopped spinach or broccoli.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced ham
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 3 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the Alfredo sauce and milk until blended.
- Add ham, Swiss cheese and peas to another bowl and mix well.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread 3/4 cup of the Alfredo mixture over the bottom of the dish.
- Top with 1/2 of the potatoes, 1/2 of the ham mixture, 3/4 cup Alfredo and sprinkle with 3 tbsp Parmesan.
- Layer remaining potatoes, ham mixture, Alfredo sauce and Parmesan.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F, remove cover and bake 15 minutes or until brown and bubbly and potatoes are tender.
Just Fab! I should have read the ingredients before I went shopping.I didn`t realize I needed to buy jar alfredo sauce so I just made it.I really enjoyed the crispy potatoes on top.
This was pretty good! Could use a little spicing up I think. I will say my DH & son loved it! I used broccoli instead of peas & I didn't layer the casserole, just mixed it all together & put it in a baking dish.
Everyone in my family LOVED this recipe. Very yummy, different from your run of the mill ham and potatoes. The only thing bad was that it took twice as long in the oven than the recipe said...but that could very well be my oven. Try this one!!