Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is a very good recipe I found in my local newspaper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon garlic, liquid spice
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Sauté green onion in vegetable oil until tender.
- Stir in the flour and Liquid Spice until smooth.
- Slowly stir in evaporated skim milk.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese and pepper.
- Serve over hot pasta.
It was sweeter than alfredo sauce, using the evaporated milk, but my kids still liked it. This is good when you don't have any milk or cream on hand. thanks!