Recipe by Valkey
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. I believe she may have gotten it out of Southern Living magazine. It's a quick weeknight main meal for those that need dinner in a hurry, but tastes like good old fashioned comfort food. Enjoy!
Top Review by KeeperAtHome
My family liked this ok, not enough to make it again though. I used a combination of mozzarella and parmesan cheese and was glad that I did. Prepared for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup game.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) package No Yolks egg noodle substitute
- 1 (28 ounce) jarragu spaghetti sauce (1lb 10oz)
- 1 (1 lb) jarragu alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onion, drain & return to pan.
- Add red sauce to pan.
- Add water to jar and swish to get all the sauce loose & add to meat mixture.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic and bay leaf.
- Let simmer and thicken.
- Cook noodles according to pkg directions.
- Drain noodles & put back in the pot.
- Add alfredo sauce to the pot of noodles, stir gently to coat all the noodles.
- Add milk to alfredo jar and swish to loosen rest of the sauce, adding to the noodle pot.
- Spray 9 x 13 dish with cooking spray.
- Add 1/2 meat mixture to bottom of dish.
- Add 1/2 noodle mixture, then 1/2 of parmesan.
- Repeat layers ending with shredded parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.