Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another convienient mix to replace some of those boxes. This would be wonderful with some tuna also.
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons grated romano cheese or 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Measure all ingredients into a large ziploc bag, seal and shake to combine.
- To use, combine 1/4 cup Noodles Mix with 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup milk in sauce pan (also add tuna at this point if desired);heat over medium heat until warm and butter is melted. Toss with pasta (approximately 3-4 cups cooked).
- For variety, add 1/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese in place of the Parmesan cheese for a different taste.
I was very much looking forward to this, but it ended up awfully dry and rather bland. It needs something to make it creamier.
This had a really good taste. I think I might use onion powder in place of the minced onion next time for a smoother texture.
This was very tasty and really easy. I made the mix up the other day (used black pepper but made no other changes) and today made a serving for my lunch. As I also had 1/2 a can of baby shrimp to use, I mixed those in - in place of the tuna mentioned. Used skim milk to make the sauce and served over whole wheat spaghetti. It took less than 20 minutes to have a nice hot & healthy lunch ready (10 minutes to boil water, 7 to cook the spaghetti & sauce, simultaneously). Thanks so much for the recipe!