Recipe by Parkers Mom
This is such a fabulous dish to serve guest and also makes a wonderful breakfeast, brunch or dinner dish. This meal literally melts in your mouth.
- 8 slices thick bread
- 1 lb roasted turkey, sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced and halved
- cheese sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim crusts from bread slices, and discard.
- Place bread on baking sheet and broil 3 inches from heat until toasted, turning once.
- Arrange 2 bread slices in each of 4 lightly greased individual baking dishes.
- Top bread evenly with turkey.
- Pour hot Alfredo sauce evenly over turkey, and sprinkle with Parmesian cheese.
- Broil 6 inches from heat 4 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned;.
- Remove from oven. Top evenly with bacon and tomatoe.Serve immediatly.
- Note: A lightly greased 15X10 in jellyroll pan maybe substituted for individual baking dishes.
- Alfredo Sauce:.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add garlic, cream, white pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Stir often until thickend.
- Add parmesian cheese and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- When sauce has thickend add mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth.