Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an awesome "knock-off" I found on the internet. The only thing I changed was adding a little extra milk, to make the sauce thinner. If you like it thicker, it's easy to adjust the amount of milk. I also like to add a dash of nutmeg, to complete the flavour. The best I've found yet!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into bits
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine, cooked and drained
- In large saucepan combine cream cheese, parmesan, butter and milk.
- Stir constantly, cooking gently over med/low heat, until smooth and thickened.
- Add nutmeg, if desired.
- Toss pasta lightly with sauce, coating well.
This is such an easy meal to prepare, and very delicious too! I used skim milk and lowfat cream cheese, and it still came out very good. Thanks for the great recipe!
I have used this many times, and just realized I never reviewed it. Thanks so much for this tasty recipe!
I was having trouble finding an Alfredo sauce that wasn't watery...my mom found this one for me and it is excellent! It is thick and creamy, and the nutmeg really does add a little "something"! I like to serve it with chicken breast or shrimp. Because it is so high in fat I freeze the leftovers and serve it as a new meal later. Very yummy!