Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an awesome "knock-off" I found on the internet. The only thing I changed was adding a little extra milk, to make the sauce thinner. If you like it thicker, it's easy to adjust the amount of milk. I also like to add a dash of nutmeg, to complete the flavour. The best I've found yet!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into bits
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine, cooked and drained
- In large saucepan combine cream cheese, parmesan, butter and milk.
- Stir constantly, cooking gently over med/low heat, until smooth and thickened.
- Add nutmeg, if desired.
- Toss pasta lightly with sauce, coating well.
This is such an easy meal to prepare, and very delicious too! I used skim milk and lowfat cream cheese, and it still came out very good. Thanks for the great recipe!
I have used this many times, and just realized I never reviewed it. Thanks so much for this tasty recipe!