Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from the Olive Garden Cookbook
Make and share this Alfredo Fettuccine recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut in bits
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked, drained
- In large saucepan combine cream cheese, parmesan, butter and milk, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Toss pasta lightly with sauce, coating well.
- Leftovers freeze well.
We enjoyed this recipe very much. This was inexpensive, yet produced a very satisfying dish in just minutes. This sauce is quite rich and just a little too thick - as some of the previous reviewers have suggested, I think I'd prefer it just a bit thinner - perhaps adding a little more milk next time, or even reducing some of the cream cheese.
I cooked at the Olive Garden in Vancouver, Washington for about 3 years during high school. I don't remember the recipe exactly, but this is definately as close as I could do trying to come up with it again. It sure tastes like it. Very good.
This is very quick and we liked the taste. I thinned it down a little. I stir fried chicken bites and poured it over them. Very good!