Recipe by #1 Baker
This is my favorite way to have lasagna..
Top Review by Better Every Day
This is a very good recipe, and pairs really well with any jar of alfredo sauce. I generally won't use jars of alfredo unless it is in a recipe like this where it get mixed with onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Very yummy and turned out beautifully.
I didn't use the loaf pan for the simple reason that all of mine are in the freezer at the moment, but will try that set up sometime soon. It sounds interesting!
- 170.09 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 236.59 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 29.58 ml onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml alfredo sauce
- 177.44 ml cottage cheese
- 59.14 ml shredded parmesan cheese, plus
- 29.58 ml shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml dried parsley flakes
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 354.88 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, sauté the chicken, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in flour until blended; stir in Alfredo sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, Italian seasoning and parsley. Spread 1/2 cup Alfredo mixture in an 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in.loaf dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Layer with two noodles (trimmed to fit pan), half of the cottage cheese mixture, 3/4 cup Alfredo mixture and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.