This is my favorite way to have lasagna..
Make and share this Alfredo Chicken Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 3⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, sauté the chicken, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in flour until blended; stir in Alfredo sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, Italian seasoning and parsley. Spread 1/2 cup Alfredo mixture in an 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in.loaf dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Layer with two noodles (trimmed to fit pan), half of the cottage cheese mixture, 3/4 cup Alfredo mixture and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
This is a very good recipe, and pairs really well with any jar of alfredo sauce. I generally won't use jars of alfredo unless it is in a recipe like this where it get mixed with onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Very yummy and turned out beautifully.
I didn't use the loaf pan for the simple reason that all of mine are in the freezer at the moment, but will try that set up sometime soon. It sounds interesting!
I'm a glutton for punishment--I made this for a get-together with friends without trying it first. I have to admit that I was nervous because I'd never even tasted this kind of lasagna before. But it was delicious! Even my picky child liked it. I left out the mushrooms because my hubby doesn't like them and I left out the onions because my father-in-law can't eat them, but it still turned out great. My mother-in-law asked for the recipe, which was a great compliment. This is a keeper for me. Thanks for a great recipe!
I really enjoyed this recipe! This is the first time I've had chicken lasagna & used alfredo sauce. I used the low fat sauce from this site (Low-Fat/Lite Alfredo Sauce). I used about 8 oz chicken, omitted the mushrooms & flour. I used low fat cottage cheese & mixed in 3 tbsp parm cheese into the filling. I also used part skim mozz cheese & whole wheat noodles. I did find the whole "loaf pan lasagna" concept to be interesting, but besides having some trouble getting the first piece out, it worked out fine! It's very creamy, delicious & cheesy! Will keep this for sure!