Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is another southern dish I grew up with. I don't quite know where the name came from, but the dish is quite simple and tasty. Prep time includes the baking of the potatoes and time to cool them.
- 6 baked potatoes, chilled with skins on
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt, to your taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Butter a baking dish, 13 x 9 x 2 inches.
- Slice potatoes very thin and lay them in buttered baking dish with each slice slightly overlapping the next.
- Dot potatoes with butter and sprinkle with salt. Bake until golden and crunchy, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh dill and parsley; serve.