Recipe by Saturn
I adopted this from the net... can't remember exactly where I got it.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
I made these this morning and then took some to those at school that have dogs. Our dog loved it and one of the sec. took it home for lunch and her dog munched it down. I think it must be the meat drippings that tastes so good to the dogs. I used turkey drippings and our Greyhound loved it. Update: I'm still making these and the dog loves them. I have found that if I cook them for 35 min. then turn off the oven and leave the biscuits in for an hour or so they last longer. Most of the time I use chicken drippings.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry milk, powdered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons meat drippings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly oil a cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, dry milk, garlic powder and sugar.
- Cut in meat drippings until mixture resembles corn meal.
- Mix in egg.
- Add enough water so that mixture forms a ball.
- Using your fingers, pat out dough onto cookie sheet to 1/2" thick.
- Cut with cookie cutter or knife and remove scraps.
- Scraps can be formed again and baked.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from tray and cool on rack.