Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I imagine everyone is going to think "WHAT?? Alfalfa??-- I've heard those prejudgments before, but to me and many other Mexicans it's one of the most refreshing and tasty "aguas frescas" to drink during a hot summer. MOOOcho bueno.
- 1 bunch of fresh alfalfa, well rinsed and disinfected if necessary
- 2 key limes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 liters plain water (equivalent to a medium pitcher)
- If you need to disinfect the alfalfa, soak it in water to cover with 5 iodine drops for 10 minute.
- Rinse well.
- Tear the thinner stems with leaves from the thicker stems.
- Discard the thicker ones.
- In blender, liquefy alfalfa with some of the indicated water from ingredients list.
- Sweeten the remaining water and add juice of the two key limes.
- Pour this into the alfalfa mixture, stir well and strain.
- Chill in refrigerator.