Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 250 g ground almonds
- 300 g butter
- 225 g confectioners' sugar
- lemon, rind of
- vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- almond essence
- 1⁄4 kg plain flour
- Beat the butter with the sugar and essences.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Incorporate the flour and the almonds and knead lightly.
- Place dough in the fridge for about 1/2 hour.
- Roll out the dough and cut out rounds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes on greased and floured baking sheets.
- Take 2 rounds and put the together with marmalade, melted chocolate or dulce de leche.
- then you can also roll the wet edges in shaved coconut.