Found these while playing on the Internet and decided to give them a try soon. For the dulce de leche, you can either make your own (many good recipes on this site) or find it in a local market that has a good selection of Latin American products.
- Cream butter for a minute, add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and egg yolks, one at a time, beating well. Beat in vanilla and lemon rind.
- In a separate bowl, sift together cornstarch, flour, baking powder and salt. Add to mixture and mix well.
- Drop batter by small spoonfuls onto well buttered baking sheet. Try to keep your cookie size uniform as it will make building sandwiches easier.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove immediately.
- Sandwich the cookies together with (dulce de leche) sweet milk dessert.