Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found these while playing on the Internet and decided to give them a try soon. For the dulce de leche, you can either make your own (many good recipes on this site) or find it in a local market that has a good selection of Latin American products.
- Cream butter for a minute, add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and egg yolks, one at a time, beating well. Beat in vanilla and lemon rind.
- In a separate bowl, sift together cornstarch, flour, baking powder and salt. Add to mixture and mix well.
- Drop batter by small spoonfuls onto well buttered baking sheet. Try to keep your cookie size uniform as it will make building sandwiches easier.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove immediately.
- Sandwich the cookies together with (dulce de leche) sweet milk dessert.
These were amazing! At first they were really hard, like crackers, but after I added the dulce de leche and let them sit for a while they were wonderfully soft and chewy. They had a very unique taste and were pretty easy to make. I think the baking time was a little too long, though. The ones I left in for 15 were a little burnt and the ones I kept in for 10-12 were much better.
These are delicious cookies Toni. Very tasty, light, fluffy, tender, fragile, dry, sweet and sinfully good. The Dulce De Leche is a perfect foil for this cookie. They compliment one another perfectly. I love the lemon in this unique cookie. I made mine on the large size, cooked them for 15 minutes and they were perfect. Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe, which will be on my Christmas trays this year.
I rarely eat cookies but I couldn't resist going back to the cookie tray for these. Made using Dulce De Leche - Fudge-Like Vanilla Caramel - It's Sinfully Wond which made for an over the top filling. Ovens vary mine were done in about 12 minutes. Can't wait to serve these to family and friends - having only made a small batch - there's little chance that is going to happen with this making!