Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Finally I found the perfect recipe for alfajores. They are great and tasty!, the down side is that U can not stop eating them!!! Good Luck
- 1 3⁄4 cups cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 (8 ounce) can dulce de leche
- Combine first 7 ingredients until forming a smooth dough.
- roll the dough in 1/4 inch.
- cut in 2 inches diameter circles.
- bake them a 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- do not brown them.
- let cool and spread dulce de leche.
This is really good and easy to do. I would just add: Make a sandwich with two cookies and the Dulce de leche and spread some powder sugar... Just Delicious...!!!