Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I modified this recipe to be truly Vegan. Am storing it here so I don't lose it again.
Make and share this Alex's Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (vegan, no milk products)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Blend in soy milk and vanilla.
- in a seperate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix to combine.
- fold in chocolate chips.
- drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
Very yummy. My carnivore husband ate 5 of these while the 2nd batch was in the oven, so I guess they can't be too "vegan-like" :)