Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Australian Junior MasterChef and made by 11 year old Alex.
- 20 prawns (shrimp raw or green)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 500 ml fish stock (2 cups)
- 250 ml water (1 cup)
- 250 ml pasta sauce (tomato 1 cup)
- 25 mussels (black cleaned debearded)
- 2 (250 g) fish fillets (gemfish bones removed cut into 2cm pieces)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (flat-leaf chopped)
- lemon wedge (to serve optional)
- 1 baguette (crusty sliced to serve optional)
- Peel and clean prawns, leaving tails intact and reserving the heads and then using a sharp knife, butterfly the prawns by slicing along the underside, from head end to tail, without cutting all the way through.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat and add the garlic and reserved prawn heads, and cook, stirring for 1 minute and then add stock and then the water and bring to the boil.
- Once the stock comes to the boil, remove pan from the heat and strain liquid through a colander into a bowl and discard the prawn heads and return the stock to the pan.
- Add pasta sauce and mussels and stir to combine and cover and bring to the boil over hight heat and cook for 1 minute or until shells open.
- Add the prawns and fish and cook a further 2 minutes or until the seafood is cooked through and then stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread if you wish.