Recipe by WorstCookEver
I just started my venture into cooking with my mom. We had a craving for pasta salad and I decided to make an Italian-style pasta salad. Even though they usually have an "antipasto" which uses lettuce, meats, and cheeses, I decided to combine the best of both worlds. This is my first successful self-made dish and it's really easy to make, really good for you, and really tasty. I use Muenster cheese because I like a milder cheese and a little pepper jack for a twist. You can use any cheese you like. (I'm a novice in cooking so I made instructions very descriptive. It's not as much work as it sounds.)
- 1 lb rotelle pasta or 1 lb rotini pasta
- 6 ounces muenster cheese
- 2 ounces mild monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1⁄4 lb chunk salami
- 3 cups Italian dressing
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (Kraft or similar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice cheese into 1/2" cubes.
- Turn bell peppers on their side and slice thin, then cut the slices in half.
- Slice tomato into small cubes.
- Slice cucumber into thin slices, then halve slices.
- Slice salami into 1/4" rectangles as if you would put them on a cracker.
- Boil pasta.
- Mix salami,cucumber,peppers,cheese,aÝ tomato with pasta.
- Add italian dressing and mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until pasta is cold (few hours is fine) and serve.