Recipe by Oolala
An old friend of mine made this for me and I was impressed and kept the "recipe" all these years but there are no amounts (measurments) given so I will see if Zaar will let me add it. If I have to put ingredient amounts, just keep in mind that I guessed.
Top Review by KitchenDame
Really delicious. So many recipes are for red snapper that I just had to try this one. A perfect summer main dish, especially if your cherry tomatoes are beginning to ripen faster than you are using them in salads. My only complaint is that I ate too much and had no room left over for dessert.
- 2 lbs yellow snapper fillets
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sliced
- fresh basil leaf
- olive oil, to coat fish
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- white wine vinegar
- lemon juice, to taste
- cherry tomatoes, halved (or grape tomatoes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub olive oil on the fish and marinate fish in lemon juice and a drop of white wine vinegar.
- Let fish marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute rest of ingredients in butter except for the onions and basil leaves.
- Heat broiling pan and place fish in the pan with the onions and tomatoes.
- Broil until half way done, about 8-10 minute and place basil leaves on top of fish and tightly cover pan with foil.
- Now bake on middle rack of oven at 400 degrees for another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with pasta.