This is the #1 all-time most requested meal that my two boys grew up on. Now Adam is 27 and Alex has passed away, so I'm posting this in Alex's memory. So easy, and you won't be dissapointed! Also very good cold the next day. I got in the habit of making 2 pies so there WOULD be leftovers! I got this recipe from a small cookbook I picked up at a truckstop while driving across country called "Cooking For The King of the Road"
- Brown beef, onion and green pepper.
- Drain fat off.
- Add tomato sauce, green beans and garlic salt.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- While the beef mixture is simmering, spread separated crescent rolls into a pie plate, pressing edges together to make a thin crust with an edging around the rim (like for a fruit pie).
- Mix 1 cup cheese with beaten egg, spread on bottom of crust.
- Pour in beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
- Spread 1 cup cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese begins to brown. Remove from oven.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.