Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A co-worker shared this recipe with me. It's really, really good and very simple. Great on the grill or under the broiler. Delish! The marinade is wonderful on all types of meats. Prep time includes minimum marinating time. ENJOY!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks, fat trimmed
- Whisk first 5 ingredients to blend in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Add steak and turn to coat.
- Let stand 1 hour at room temperature or cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Drain marinade into small saucepan and bring to boil while stirring.
- Grill or broil steak about 5 minutes per side for rare.
- Transfer steak to platter; let stand 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak across grain.
- Pass marinade as sauce.
I loved this and will definitely make again.
Yuumm!! We loved this flavorful marinade. I marinated the flank steak for about 5 hours and it was perfect. My family devoured this and claimed it a winner. Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper. I made this for PAC 2007.
Just about to post this, it's from Food For Friends by Ruth Macpherson, 1997. Thanks for posting!