Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
a very popular dish in alexandria
- 1 lb beef liver
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 limes, juice of
- chop up liver into small pieces.
- combine garlic , cumin powder , ground coriander,salt, chili powder and green chilis
- in a food processor until they form a paste.
- add the mixture to the liver and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- in a medium pan heat the oil and add the liver a little bit at a time
- add the lime juice and cook for 15 minutes.
My husband and I loved it. I only used a bit of green chili, because I can't stand spicy. The addition of lime juice gave it a special taste. Very easy and quick to make. I hope you publish more recipes and the names of your mother's cook books, by the way!