Recipe by PsychRN
The Junior League of Jackson, Mississippi published this recipe nearly 30 years ago. It can easily be doubled and makes a pretty presentation in a ring mold.
Top Review by djunqx
I have made this salad many ways and actually like it without the topping as I don't like mayo...but that is just me. I also add a small can of mandarin oranges or diced peaches to the jello mixture. Either way, a delicious dessert that more people should discover!
- 1 (3 ounce) package apricot gelatin
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 orange, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the orange juice and jello in a sauce pan.
- and heat to boiling.Cool and then add the buttermilk.
- Refrigerate and chill until set.
- In a bowl mix remaining ingredients, stirring.
- to dissolve the sugar.
- Serve the salad with a dollop of the mayo/sour cream mixture. You may want to.
- "frost" the top of the salad with this mix if not placing in a mold.