Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a local "fundraiser" cookbook. Alexander's is an Italian restaurant that my husband and I eat at frequently and I have the Carbonara ofen and it is fantastic!
- 1⁄3 cup prosciutto ham
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- cooked spaghetti or linguine or fettuccine pasta
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Dice 1/3 cup Prosciutto ham, add chopped onion and saute in 2 tbsp.
- olive oil.
- In the meantime, cook up a generous helping of spaghetti for one.
- Spice the Prosciutto and onions with the parsley, oregano and red pepper and stir fry until golden, then add the cooked spaghetti and stir fry to blend.
- Add a beaten egg and continue to stir.
- Add parmesan cheese and serve.
This was an excellent dish! Very easy and quick! My whole family loved it. Only change I made was added more cheese. Thanks Denise in NH
Perfect, just what I was looking for. Thank you.
I've never even had spaghetti carbonara before but i thought I'd try it. This is now my favorite way to prepare spaghetti, though I used linguini. The family loved it!!