1/8 Photos of Alex Goh's Basic Sweet Bun Dough
2 hrs 25 mins
I love making this and putting different fillings etc in it...such buns are extremely popular in Asia
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flours, milk powder, yeast and sugar in a big bowl.
- 2Add the egg and cold water and mix to form a dough. Add in the butter and salt and knead till a smooth dough forms. This takes a while.
- 3At first the dough will be greasy and seem as if there is too much butter in it. But as you knead and knead and knead, it will eventually get to the point you want it to be.
- 4Cover with clingwrap and let rise for about 1 hour or till doubled in size.
- 5Preheat oven to 380 farenheit.
- 6Divide dough into portions of 50 or 60 gm each. Shape into balls and leave it to rest for abt 10 minutes Roll out dough and wrap with desired fillings. Shape as required and let it proof on lined or greased baking tray for another 50-60 mins or until dough is double in size.
- 7Brush dough with egg wash, or milk, if you want it to be less brown, and bake till golden brown and cooked.
- 8Immediately brush with melted butter after taking it out of the oven and cover with a tea cloth to give it a soft crust.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alex Goh's Basic Sweet Bun Dough
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.8
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 274.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g