Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These is my most requested NM recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks
- 1 (8 ounce) bottleof herbs and garlic oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 3 teaspoons new mexico chile powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 small lime, juice of
- 1 large onion (minced)
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro or 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Mix all ingredients together except for meat to make marinade. Pour over meat and marinade for 6 – 8 hours prior to cooking. Grill over direct heat (mesquite coals are best) for 6 – 10 min depending on how you like your meat cooked. Baste with marinade while cooking and immediately slice (45 degree angle diagonal cut to the grain). If cooking on the stove, slice first and use a griddle on medium heat.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo, salsa and warmed flour tortillas.