1/1 Photo of Alessi's Tiramisu
Grace Lynn's Note:
I have made many different Tiramisus, this one is one of the best and very authentic. The recipe actually came from the package of Alessi Savoiardi Cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large egg yolks, from large grade eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup marsala
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups freshly brewed espresso or 2 cups strong coffee
- 1/2 cup brandy or 1/2 cup marsala
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 (14 ounce) packages alessi Savoiardi cookies
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- chocolate curls or fresh edible flower (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Zabaglione Cream: In the top part of a double boiler, beat eggs and sugar together until the mixture is pale yellow in color.
- 2In the bottom part of the double boiler, bring water to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- 3Place egg yolk mixture over water and gradually add Marsala, beating continously.
- 4Scrape bottom and sides of pan occasionally and cook 6 to 10 minutes or until soft mounds can be formed.
- 5Transfer to bowl, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 6Whip cream with 2 Tbsp.
- 7sugar until soft peaks form.
- 8Fold in Mascarpone and Zabaglione and mix until well blended.
- 9Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 10In a separate bowl, mix espresso, 2 Tbsp.
- 11sugar, Brandy and vanilla.
- 12Arrange cookies on the bottom of a 9" by 13" pan.
- 13Carefully spoon about 1 Tbsp.
- 14of the coffee mixture over each cookie so they are well saturated but not falling apart.
- 15Spoon 1/2 cheese mixture over cookies and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp.
- 17Repeat one more time ending with cocoa.
- 18Cover and refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight so that cookies can soften as they absorb moisture.
- 19Garnish and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alessi's Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 104.0 mg
- Sodium 19.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: