Recipe by Gina*S
This is a recipe from the best (IMHO) Italian place in Portland Oregon.
Top Review by sandrasothere
I'm a spinach lover,and this was excellent. I omitted the blanching step, added a half tbsp. more of olive oil, and sauteed the spinach with the garlic until nicely wilted.Then I just added the pepper flakes and broth. Really wonderful!
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil and cook until it has reduced to 6 tbs.
- Set aside.
- Remove stems from spinach and blanche in boiling water and salt.
- Drain spinach until cool enough to handle.
- Squeeze excess water from spinach.
- In saute pan cook garlic in olive oil until golden brown.
- Add pepper flakes, spinach and reduced chicken broth.
- Stir and cook until heated through.
- Season to taste.