Recipe by Rita~
Ethiopia recipe for tour 2005
Top Review by Debbie R.
Excellent flavor and perfect timing on the vegetables in order to keep them al dente and not mushy. I did have to add about 3/4 cup more water, however, to keep the sauce from sticking. I would wonder if I had the heat too high, but the vegetables were perfectly al dente with the recipe's timing, so I don't know what the story might be. After the curry had been added, I started using a lid. I also added another tablespoon of butter because the local restaurant makes them very buttery and deleted the potatoes entirely and used an entire small head of cauliflower; halved the carrots. This is one of my two very absolute favorite ways to eat caulflower--makes it so painless. I wil definitely use this recipe again. ZWT7
- 1 head cabbage, cut into eighths
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 5 carrots, cut into 1/2inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, cut into inch pieces
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, break into flowerettes
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the cabbage until softened. Fry onions in butter until translucent.
- Add curry powder - cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup water to the onion mixture, cook for 5 minutes add carrots and potatoes and cook 15 minutes add cauliflower, cook 5 minutes add cabbage, cook for 15 minutes. Serve.