Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
One of my favorite meals to make is Enchilada Stuffed Pasta Shells. One of the benefits of this recipe is that it makes enough for two 13x9 baking dishes, which means I get two meals. I don't like waste, but this is one time where I like to use disposable aluminum pans. Then I don;t have to worry about washing the pan.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 37.70 g package taco seasoning
- 414.03 ml cooked black beans or 439.41 g can black beans
- 283.49 g can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 340.19 g package jumbo pasta shells
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 354.88 ml tomato sauce
- 118.29 ml medium salsa
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. Once it begins boiling add shells and cook according to the package directions.
- While the water is heating, cook hamburger and onion over a medium flame until hamburger is browned.
- Add taco seasoning, beans, and diced tomatoes. Be sure to add the juice from the diced tomatoes too. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, set aside and let cool while the shells cook. Once the meat mixture is close to room temperature, add 2 cups of cheese and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce and salsa. Spoon 1/2 cup of tomato sauce mixture into each 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- After the shells have been drained, spoon meat mixture into each shell and place it in a baking dish.
- After the shells have been filled. Spoon 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce mixture over the shells in each baking dish.
- Cover one baking dish with foil and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- If you are taking this to another family, you can cover the dish with foil and put the baking directions on a sticky not on top of the foil.
- This is also a great OAMC meal. If you are not taking the meal to another family, cover one baking dish with plastic wrap and freeze. Defrost in the refrigerator on the day you want to cook the stuffed shells for dinner. Then bake as directed.
- I serve Enchilada Stuffed Pasta Shells with a garden salad and Mexican Rice.