4 hrs 15 mins
My kids and I love sweet potatoes, but my husband isn't as found of them as we are, so I am always trying new ways of serving sweet potatoes to make them more appealing to him. When I adapted my Twice Baked Potatoes recipe and replaced the potatoes with sweet potatoes I finally found a recipe that he really liked. I usually bake sweet potatoes in the oven. But there are times when I am cooking something that takes up the entire oven or is cooked at a very different temperature and it makes it inconvenient to bake sweet potatoes at the same time. On those days, I wish for a double oven, but use the slow cooker to "bake" the sweet potatoes.
My Private Note
sweet p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash sweet potatoes, but do not dry them.
- 2Place the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
- 3Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, remove them from the slow cooker and cut an oval into the top of the sweet potato. Pull off the top and scoop out the inside of the sweet potato.
- 4Mash the sweet potatoes with a fork or potato masher.
- 5Add butter, honey, and spices and whip ingredients with a mixer.
- 6Spoon the mixture back into the sweet potatoes.
- 7Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil and place in the slow cooker on LOW or WARM until you are ready to serve them.
- 8What is your favorite way to eat sweet potatoes?
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alea's Slow Cooker Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 122.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g