Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
These steaks are marinated first, then rubbed with a seasoning mixture before grilling. The result is a tender and juicy steak with just a hint of spice. From Cooking Pleasures magazine.
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1⁄2 cup spicy vegetable juice
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 sprigs fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 (6 ounce) New York strip steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy resealable bag, place the mustard seeds, coriander seeds, and black peppercorns.
- Crush to a medium coarse with the flat side of a meat mallet or a heavy pan, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together all of the marinade ingredients, except the steaks.
- Pour this mixture into a large resealable plastic bag, and add the steaks.
- Seal the bag and move the steaks around in the marinade to make sure they are all coated.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat the grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade, and discard.
- Sprinkle the steaks with the seasoning mix that you made earlier, pressing into both sides of the steaks.
- Place the steaks on the grill or grill pan, and grill for 8-10 min for medium rare, turning once during the cooking.