8 hrs 15 mins
J. Hinds's Note:
Tried this recipe for St. Patrick's Day 2013. The family really enjoyed brussels sprouts over cabbage and the sauce was excellent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, place the beef, the contents of the spice packet (if included), carrots, and enought ale to cover the brisket.
- 2Cook, covered, until the beef is tender, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- 3Ten minutes before serving, thinly slice the Brussels sprouts. (This is easiest to do in a food processor with the slicing blade.).
- 4Transfer the beef from the slow cooker to a cutting board; if the slow cooker is on the low setting, turn it to high. Add the Brussels sprouts to the carrots and liquid in the slow cooker. Cook, covered, until the Brussels sprouts are tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 5Combine the sour cream, mustard, and tarragon.
- 6Serve corned beef with the vegetables and sour cream sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ale-Braised Corned Beef, Brussels Sprouts, and Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (665 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1032.9
- Calories from Fat 641
- Total Fat 71.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 348.1 mg
- Sodium 4064.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 66.6 g