Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is by far the best homemade chocolate cake I have ever had....thanks Vickie!
Make and share this Ale 8 Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Ale 8 soft drink (reserve remaining 4 oz from 12 oz can)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 ounces Ale 8 soft drink, reserved above
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour and sugar in a large bowl-set aside.
- Mix butter, cocoa, and Ale 8.
- Bring to a boil, but do not boil.
- Pour hot mixture over flour and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, soda, and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth then add marshmallows.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Mix together 4 oz of Ale 8, butter, cocoa.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour over confectioner's sugar.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour over cake while hot.
This is very good cake, we enjoyed it. It won't satisfy a cronic chocoholic but it will give to the sweet tooth. Thankyou for a real good cake. I made this for Pick a Chef 08