Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful smokey salmon with a perfect sauce from Fire & Flavor Grilling Company, courtesy of Elise Lalor of Issaquah, WA
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 8 ounces boneless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- Soak plank in water to cover for 1 hour or longer if possible and drain.
- Prepare barbeque.
- Combine garlic, soy sauce, ginger, parsley, and oil in large zip bag. Shake to combine.
- Add salmon to marinade.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Place soaked plank on grill grate over medium-heat. Heat plank for 2 to 3 minutes, urn plank, and continue heating for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove salmon from marinade; discard marinade and place salmon, skin side down on charred side of plank.
- Grill salmon, with lid down, approximately 15 minutes, or until fish is medium rare or to your liking.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.
I luvvv salmon, particularly NW Salmon, which I'd ordered online for this recipe. It was well utilized! I opted for olive oil (In support of DH's heart healthy diet) and it was superb. I left my salmon pretty pink in the middle - which on my grill meant about 9 minutes. I toasted my sesame seeds before serviing and thought it brought out the asian flare of the dish.