Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Cooking Light; you will need a 15 x 6.5 x 3/8 inch alder grilling plank
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) salmon fillets
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Immerse and soak the plank in water for 1 hour; drain.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling: heat one side of grill to high heat.
- Combine vinegar and the next 6 ingredients in a large heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag; seal; shake to combine.
- Add fish to bag; seal; marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turn once.
- Place plank on grill rack over high heat; grill 5 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Carefully turn plank over; move to cool side of grill.
- Remove fish from bag; discard marinade.
- Place fish, skin side down, on charred side of plank.
- Cover and grill 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds.