Recipe by Wild Thyme Flour
Cook on a grill pan, BBq grill or frying pan. knead in your own favourite blend of crushed seeds, spices and herbs. A good combination is 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds, 1 tbsp thyme, 1 tbsp marjoram or basil and 2 green spring onions finely chopped. knead these flavours in when the dough is ready not before.
Top Review by Brighid
Very tasty! I made these and used a pesto mix from Pampered Chef for the seasoning blend. I flatten them with a rolling pin before letting them rise. Then I cooked them on a cast iron skillet greased with a little olive oil. Very good and easy. I froze half the flattened dough before the last rising. I'll be taking the frozen ones on a camping trip. I plan to let them thaw and then rise and then cook on the skillet there. I'll update when I get back.
- 14.79 ml dry yeast (a bit less than a tbsp)
- 1.23 ml honey
- 300 ml water, hand-hot
- 500 g strong white flour
- 4.92 ml fine sea salt
- 59.16 ml fruity olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the yeast with the honey, add teh water and mix. sprinkle on a tbsp of flour and leave to stand 15 minutes or until frothy.
- Add the salt to the flour, then add the yeast mixture and the olive oil.Mix until you form a ball of dough, then transfer to a floured surface and knead with the heeel of your hand for 5 -8 minutes, or until the doughis smooth and elastic.
- Work in your chosen seasonings such as 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds, 1 tbsp thyme, 1 tbsp marjoram or basil and 2 green spring onions finely chopped. knead about 3 minutes or until evenly distributed. Do not add too many ingredients or it will be hard to knead.
- Flatten out and let rise for 15 minutes. pre heat a frying pan or grill pan or BBQ and grill about 2 minute on each side.